Job Location: Remote / Lehi, Utah / San Jose, CA
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Do you enjoy solving problems and being the go to person with the answers?
We are looking for certificated Splunk Engineers with security minded savviness to help design & improve large Splunk deployments. The selected candidate will leverage strong written and verbal communications skills to help customers better understand how their information is protected from threats within cyberspace.
- Evolving the client's data within Splunk into a superior state via field extractions, data transformations, event parsing, data previewing, etc...
- Improving the client's Splunk deployment via curtailing the data, optimizing reporting, and enhancing search capabilities.
- Creating and implementing configuration standards, policies, and/or procedures for improved Splunk operations and management.
- Resolving incidents and/or other issues, while integrating with change management processes.
- Deploying new Splunk installations, refining configuration management capabilities, ensure license management is operating ideally.
Stage 2 Security welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
If you are looking to make an impact, Stage 2 Security is the place for you.
The Qualifications :
The selected candidate is required to have:
- Splunk Certified Architect.
- Experience with designing, building, and maintaining large scale Splunk solutions.
- Deep understanding of:
- Splunk scalability,
- Splunk capacity planning,
- Splunk distributed setup,
- Splunk search head clustering, and
- Splunk indexer clustering.
- 5 years of engineering experience with Splunk.
- Splunk Enterprise Security (ES) experience.
- Solid system administration foundation:
- Experience with Linux platforms is required, &
- Experience with large Windows platforms is a plus.
- Some cybersecurity and networking experince.
- 7 years of experience with IT.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Works well with the team and clients.
- Willingness to learn.
- Bachelor's degree.
At Stage 2 Security (S2), people come first, hence everyone at S2 is provided with outstanding benefits. S2 is a small business where we know and care about each and every employee, hence we believe that the benefits we offer are a notch above the rest.
Our mission is to expedite the arrival of a secure cyberspace by out-innovating our adversaries through superior services and solutions. S2 is currently focused on providing superior cybersecurity consulting services to our clients. Our private sector clients are typically large technology focused companies while our public sector clients are commonly from agencies across the federal government. We provided these clients with cybersecurity related services while cultivating a common body of knowledge among all employees at S2.
The Benefits at S2 includes:
- Medical & Dental Insurance Premiums are 100% paid by S2 for employee and eligible dependents
- Up to $100 per month reimbursed for mobile phone expenses
- Up to $50 per month reimbursed for home Internet access
- Expenses paid for approved work-related trainings & conferences
- Eligibility to participate in our 401k program after 90 days of employment
- Competitive salary, which is paid bi-weekly (every other Friday)
- 3 weeks a year (15 days) of Paid Time Off (PTO), accrued at 4.62 hours per pay period (includes vacation and sick time)
- 10 paid government holidays annually
Drop us a line to explore the possibility of joining the team!